- Construction Exams: If you don’t already have a state certified construction license, you will be required to take two exams — the Business & Finance exam (for most a 120 question exam in 6.5 hours) and a technical or trade exam for the trade you are wishing to be licensed in. If you ALREADY HOLD a state certified construction license of any kind, you would just need to take the technical/trade exam to ADD an additional license (Business & Finance is the same for all construction contractors).
- The Business & Finance Exam is a computer based exam taken at Pearson-Vue computer centers which are located across the nation. You apply to PTI (www.floridaexam.com). Once you are in the state’s system from your application, you can then schedule your exam time/date with Pearson-Vue.
- The Technical Exams (Trade Knowledge) for General/Builder/Residential, A/C, Mechanical, and Plumbing contractors are “pen and pencil” administered by the state in Tallahassee, Orlando, and Miami every other month. All other categories are also computer based exams.
Books and References
- ELECTRICAL Exams: If you don’t already have a state certified electrical license, you will be required to take two exams – the Business & Finance exam and the technical or trade exam for your category.
- ALL electrical exams are computer based exams – apply with DBPR and once your information is in the taken at Pearson-Vue computer centers after applying. You apply to the DBPR/Electrical Board, thenOnce you are in the state’s system from your application, you can then schedule your exam time/date with Pearson-Vue.
- For ALL electrical categories, apply at DBPR (click here)
Florida State Certified Electrical Applications and Brochures
- State DBPR “Candidate Information Bulletin” for Electrical Contractors
- Apply for an Exam with DBPR
- ELECTRICAL LICENSES require very specific experience requirements.
CLICK HERE to download the state’s application to get the license after you pass the exams to read about the qualifications you will need to prove.
- Tuition is to be paid in full prior to attending classes. Tuition is for the INDIVIDUAL only and is NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERRABLE.
LIFETIME PASS PROGRAM®
- Attend as many learning seminars (class, online and/or webinar) in your category as you wish, at any location, any format, until you pass your exam.